Terms and Conditions
In these Terms of Business the following definitions apply:
- "The Company", "We", "Us" means AOK Oven Cleaning
- "Cleaner" or "Cleaning Operative" - means the person or firm carrying out cleaning services on behalf of the Company.
- "Customer" or " User" of the website, means the person, firm or corporate body together with any subsidiary or associated company as defined by the Companies Act 1985 to whom the oven cleaning service(s) or access to our website is supplied by the Company.
- "Customer's Address" - means the address where the Customer has requested the cleaning Service to be carried out.
- "Service" - means all the oven cleaning services carried out on behalf of the company.
- "Visit" - means the visit to the Customer's service address by the Cleaner at the date and time agreed with the Customer at the time of booking to carry out the Service.
Unless the context requires otherwise, reference to the singular includes the plural and references to the masculine include the feminine and vice versa.
The headings contained in these Terms & Conditions are for convenience only and do not affect their interpretation.
Use of The Website
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE, FROM TIME TO TIME IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION. THE COMPANY WILL NOTIFY YOU OF AMENDMENTS TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BY POSTING THEM TO THIS WEBSITE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS THIS WEBSITE.
- 2.1 The content of the pages of this website are for the Users general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- 2.3 The Users use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which the Company shall not be liable. It shall be your the Users responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet the Users specific requirements.
- 2.4 This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to the Company. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited without prior written consent from the Company.
- 2.5 All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the Company, are acknowledged on the website.
- 2.6 From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for the Users convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that the Company endorse the website(s). The Company have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- 3.1 These Terms & Conditions represent a contract between The Company and the Customer.
- 3.2 Both parties shall ensure that their respective responsibilities under this agreement are undertaken in compliance with all statutory regulations and codes of conduct.
- 3.3 The Customer agrees that any use of The Company's services, including placing an order for services by telephone, fax, email or website forms shall constitute the Customer's acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
- 3.4 Unless otherwise agreed in writing by a director of the Company, these Terms & Conditions shall prevail over any other terms of business or purchase conditions put forward by the Customer.
- 3.5 No variation or alteration of these Terms & Conditions shall be valid unless approved in writing by a director of the Company.
- 4.1 All quotations are given by the Company following a request from the Customer and shall remain open to acceptance for a period of 7 days from their date.
- 4.2 Quotations are only valid if the Customer has provided the Company with accurate details as to the type, size and condition of all items to be cleaned. Should the works change or deviate from what has been quoted by phone or in writing then the operator has the right to charge for additional works while on site.
- 4.3 The Company reserves the right to amend the initial quotation, should the Customer's original requirements change or the company feels that the criteria for the quotation has been misrepresented.
- 4.4 The Company reserves the right to charge a call out fee of £70 for call outs, including emergency work and for investigation work to provide a quotation.
- 4.5 Producing a quotation for commercial cleaning work of any kind is a chargeable service. the Company will at its discretion provide free quotes if agreed in writing prior and only if a site visit is not required. The fee charged shall be equivalent to the standard call out charge and an administration charge to produce a written quotation.
- 4.6 Quotations for domestic cleaning (of personal dwellings) is provided free unless the customer requires a site visit prior, when in all cases a £70 call out charge is payable.
- 4.7 Any amount charged for the production of a quote is deductible against the final invoice for any works completed.
- 5.1 The Company or Cleaner shall provide all cleaning supplies and cleaning equipment necessary to carry out the service the Customer does not need to provide and materials or tools.
- 5.2 The Customer must provide running water, electricity and sufficient lighting at the Customer's Address where the service is to take place.
- 6.1 A deposit will be payable prior to commencement of any works to be undertaken at an unoccupied or vacant property, or in the case that the order is over £200 on any job. This includes but is not limited to end of tenancy cleans, moving in/out cleans and builders cleans. The balance is required to be paid by the Customer upon or prior to completion of the works by cleared funds only, ie. cash.
- 6.2 In all cases the Customer is deemed to be the person whom books and authorises the works, and they will in all cases be held liable for missing, overdue or owed payments. Even in the case where they have made arrangements for a third party or other representative to inspect works and make payment on site.
- 6.3 Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Company the account is rendered for payment immediately upon completion of the work. The Customer must make payment to the cleaner either by cash, credit or debit card or cheque before the cleaner leaves the Customer's Address.
- 6.4 The Company reserves the right to charge interest on invoiced amounts unpaid for more than 30 days at the rate of 5% per annum above the Bank of England base rate from the due date until the date of actual payment under the Late Payment Act.
- 6.5 The Company reserves the right to charge £40.00 administrative fee, in addition to the balance due, for any account the Company must refer to collection. Please note that debt collecting companies may add their charges to the outstanding amount.
- 6.6 All bank charges incurred due to a Customer's cheque being returned unpaid will be passed to the Customer at a flat rate of £40.00 per cheque.
- 6.7 The rate of payment by the Company shall be agreed between the Company and the Customer, or their representative. The Customer shall make no reduction or retention from the sum due under any invoice.
- 6.8 All prices given by AOK Oven Cleaning for commercial work are subject to VAT, it will be stated whether the price is inclusive or exclusive when given.
- 7.1 Deposits and payment in full maybe required if we have not done work for the customer previously or do not have an account with them.
- 7.2 A deposit or payment in full is a guarantee that the company will undertake the work on the date booked subject to us being able to get to the work. Should any factor arise that we cannot get to the job for any reason, the guarantee remains that the work will be carried out through rescheduling.
- 7.3 A deposit may be required from customers, this may be withheld and will be non-refundable if the customer does not give access to the premises or the customer has other works being carried out at the time to cause the cleaning operative to be unable to undertake the work.
- 7.4 If the customer pays in full prior to work being undertaken, but the work is unable to be undertaken by the cleaning operative through factors beyond its control. Then an amount of up to 50% of the payment may be held to compensate for the time taken. The work will be rescheduled and the balance would need to be paid on completion of works.
- 8.1 The Customer can cancel the scheduled service by giving no less than 24 hours prior notice.
- 8.2 The Customer can re-schedule the service by giving no less than 24 hours prior notice.
- 8.3 In the event of cancellation less than 24 hours in advance but before arrival at site, 50% of the full job price would be chargeable.
- 8.4 In the event of being notified of cancellation upon arrival at site or where a site does not notify us and is not present on arrival to commence work, 100% of the full job price would be chargeable.
- 8.5 If the Customer needs to change a cleaning day or time the Company will do its best to accommodate them. Any changes to booked services are subject to a prior notice and availability.
Additional charges / costs
- 9.1 AOK Ovens may charge for additional services / tasks or requests made by the customer beyond the standard contractual cleans for the following:
- 9.1.1 Additional travel and fuel expenses for travelling to locations other than the customer site and the AOK Oven Cleaning offices (for example to collect keys).
- 9.1.2 Charging Electric or Gas prepayment meter cards / sticks where the premises has not been supplied with suitable electric or gas.
- 9.1.3 Removal and disposal or refuse / detritus as requested by the Customer.
- 10.1 All services shall be deemed to have been carried out to the Customer's satisfaction unless written notice is received by the Company with details of the complaint within 24 hours of the work being completed. All complaints must be received in writing by post or email no later than 24 hours after the completion of the service. The Company will fully investigate any complaint and attempt to resolve it to the satisfaction of the Customer, or alternatively to a reasonable standard.
- 10.2 The Customer agrees to allow the Company back to re-clean any disputed areas/items before making any attempts to clean those areas/items themselves or arranging a third party to carry out cleaning or repair services with regard to the above. Failure to do so will void our Company Guarantee and the Company will consider the matter fully settled. If payment has not been received in full or has been stopped by the Customer the Company will immediately refer the account for collection.
- 11.1 The Customer agrees that due to the nature of the service the Company guarantees only to correct any problems reported within 24 hours of the completion of the service.
- 11.2 The Customer agrees to inspect the work immediately after its completion and to draw the operative's attention to any outstanding cleaning issues while they are still on site. The operatives will carry out any such additional work to the Customer's complete satisfaction.
- 11.3 If the Customer or any third party instructed by the Customer is not present at the time of the service then no claims regarding any cleaning issues can be made.
- 11.4 If the Customer instructs a third party to inspect the result from the cleaning then the Company must be notified before completion of the service.
- 11.5 The Customer agrees and understands that claims within the allowed 24 hours does not cover services or areas not outlined in the accepted quote. Any claims made for services or areas not mentioned in an official accepted quote will be classed as not valid and as such deemed settled.
- 11.6 Any refunds or adjustments must be requested to the Company directly and subject to approval by the Company.
- 11.7 The Customer waives his right to stop payment on his cheque unless the Company fails to make good on the guarantee shown in part 11.
- 11.8 While the Company operatives make every effort not to break items, accidents do happen. Identical replacement is always attempted but not guaranteed. For this specific reason, the Company requests all irreplaceable items (whether monetarily or sentimentally valuable) be stored away and/or not cleaned by the cleaning operatives.
- 11.9 In case of damage, the Company will repair the item at its cost. If the item cannot be repaired the Company will rectify the problem by crediting the customer with the item's present actual cash value towards a replacement upon payment of the cleaning services rendered.
- 11.10 The Company shall not be responsible for damage due to faulty and/or improper installation of any item or from any action of the Customer.
- 11.11 No claims shall be entertained if the Customer has an outstanding balance.
- 11.12 Any attempt to commit insurance fraud or any use of false information to commit any type of fraud will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law together by the Company and the Insurance Providers(s). Monetary compensation as well as legal fees may be incurred.
- 12.1 The Company shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, expense, damage, delay, costs or compensation (whether direct, indirect or consequential) which may be suffered or incurred by the Customer arising from or in any way connected with:
- 12.1.1 Its failure to carry out its services as a result of factors beyond its control. Factors beyond its control include acts of god, floods, severe weather conditions, and inability to gain access to premises, lack of appropriate resources, such as water, electricity and lighting.
- 12.1.2 Late arrival of Company operatives at the service address. The Company endeavours to be on time on any visit but sometimes due to transport related and other problems which are beyond the Company's control, the Company operatives may arrive with a delay or early up to an hour either side of the booked cleaning time in some extreme cases the cleaning visit may be rescheduled.
- 12.1.3 Any existing damage to Clients property in the form of old stains, burns, scratches, dents and the like which cannot be cleaned/removed completely by the cleaning operative using the industry's standard cleaning methods.
- 12.2 The Company shall not be liable for any damages worth £50.00 or less.
- 12.3 The Company shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, expense, delay, costs or compensation (whether direct, indirect or consequential) which may be suffered or incurred by the Customer if the Customer has an outstanding balance aged 30 days or more from the date the payment was due.
- 13.1 The Company reserves the right to make any changes to any part of these Terms & Conditions without giving prior notice, The Company may add or alter these Terms & Conditions from time to time and any alterations will apply to new business but not existing contracts. Please refer to your copy of these Terms & Conditions.
- 14.1 The Company shall insure all work it undertakes. The Company's public liability insurance covers damages caused by a cleaning operative working on behalf of the Company. All claims are subject to an excess of £50.00 to be paid by the Customer.
- 14.2 The Customer is responsible for providing all information required for any claim they bring against the Company in a timely matter to bring any claim to a satisfactory conclusion.
- 15.1 These Terms are governed by the laws of England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales.